The old adage, “There are always two sides to every story,” is an infallible piece of wisdom. It’s educated us to always look at things from every perspective, this way we keep our minds open and keep our sanity, period.
It’s so all-encompassing, it even applies to makeup, apparently. There’s always more than one way to go about anything, and we’ll show you how to do both. Master the season’s polarized makeup trends with these two how-tos from NARS and Mikyajy!
THE NO MAKEUP LOOK
Marc Jacobs’ SS2015 show in New York sent models down runway wearing no makeup whatsoever. “We only applied moisturizer. With Marc we always take it to the extreme, we’ve done bold looks in the past, but this season we wanted to make a statement by not applying anything,” François Nars, Founder & Creative Director of his namesake beauty house told La Moda.
But if you’re too shy to go out in the world bareface, you can recreate the no makeup look with a few of NARS’ products in barely there shades. For the face, apply NARSskin Luminous Moisture Cream and Stick Concealer, while finishing off the look with the generic Rosebud Salve lip balm.
THE ALL-OUT GLAM LOOK
Mikyajy, known for its aesthetically Arabesque product design and philosophy, goes for all-out glam (shocker!) this season with the launch of their 22K Autumn 2014 collection. We’ve recently scored a video how-to from the brand showcasing the best ways to use their latest releases for head-turning full-face makeup.
- 22K Outrageous eyeshadow 01 lunar sparkle
- 22K Outrageous eyeshadow 02 twilight glitz
- Girl tools false lashes no.02
- 22K Glitzy eyeliner pencil no. 02 silver spark
- 22K Stylish gel eyeliner 01 night fever
- 22K Intense Eyeliner No. 01
- 22K Playful false lash mascara No. 01
- 22K Ravishing illuminating blush 01 shell pink
- 22K Intense long lasting lip pencil no. 09
- 22K Charming matte lipstick no. 25 red eclipse
- 22K Scintillating eyebrow powder and wax
- Apply 22K Outrageous eyeshadow 01 lunar sparkleon the entire surface of the eyelid including the brow bone.
- Add 22K Outrageous eyeshadow 02 twilight glitz to the eyelid area and blend outwards into the brow bone and outer edge of the eye.
- For a dramatic effect use girl tools false lashes no.01
- Apply 22K glitzy eyeliner no. 02 silver spark from the inner eye towards the outer edge of the eye.
- Use 22K stylish gel eyeliner 01 night fever from the mid to the outer corner of the eyelid. Then apply the eyeliner under the eye by drawingoutwards and connecting to the top line.
- Apply 22K Intense Eyeliner No. 01 inside the eye.
- Apply 22K playful false lash mascara No. 01
- Fill in the brows with 22K eyebrow scintillating powder and wax
- Use 22K ravishing illuminating blush shell pink number 01
- To define the lips use 22K intense long lasting lip pencil plum rum no. 09
- Finish off this look by applying 22K charming matte lipstick red eclipse no. 25